These pages contain links and helpful information in the field of genetic genealogy.
Recruitment and Obtaining DNA Sample Participants
- You Tube Video Demonstrating how to take a FamilyTree DNA Swab Test
- Introduction to Genetic Genealogy Presentation
- Ancestral Parish Sampling Presentation
- YSearch.org – public database of YDNA results submitted by participants
- Family Tree DNA Projects
DNA Analysis Software and Tools
- Dean McGee Y-Utility: Y-DNA Comparison Utility
- Fluxus Network software to create phylogenetic trees
- Phyllip software package from the University of Washington to perform median-joining networks
Genetic Genealogy Web Sites and Forums
- Rootsweb Genealogy-DNA-L Discussion List Archive
- SNPedia information and references on DNA SNPs
- ISOGG Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree
- NCBI Handbook on using GenBank
Finding Email in Spam Folders
Unfortunately many email hosts and services are pushing mail from new correspondent domains like SurnameDNA.com into junk mail, trash or spam folders at both the server and mail client level. You can help by finding our message and marking it ‘Not Spam’.
Here are some resource articles on retrieving email from junk or spam folders from some of the larger providers:
- Gmail: Missing emails! Have you checked your spam folder?
- Outlook: Recover a Message from the Outlook Junk E-mail Folder
- Comcast / Xfinity: Filters in Xfinity Connect
- Yahoo: Where is my junk mail folder in Yahoo Mail? I can’ t see it!?
- Hotmail / MSN: How can I search for an email in my junk folder?